David and Michael's World

Established 2009

Sunday, January 3, 2010

This is a picture of a single yellow Iris that bloomed in my parents yard on Christmas morning. Here is the story behind it......My Grandmother passed away this past year on January 19th. She was an amazing lady and is was hard being without her this year. But, we were given a little gift to remember her by on Christmas morning. In her earlier years when she still lived at home, she so enjoyed working in the yard. Her back yard was straight out of Better Homes and Gardens. She had such an amazing eye for pretty flowers and in the Spring, her back yard was in full bloom! Years ago, Mom transplanted a few of her Iris Bulbs to our house. They have bloomed every year, right on schedule. Now, keep in mind that Iris Flowers typically only bloom in the spring/summer. Also, keep in mind that is has been abnormally cold this year. There is no reason why this Iris could have bloomed on Christmas........but look! It did! A single Iris bloom in the middle of my parents yard. How can that not be God? How can that not be a reminder of her? We obviously do not know what it will be like in Heaven, but , I like to believe that God somehow allows our loved ones to see the good things that happen in our lives. I like to believe that God let this flower bloom to give us a little bit of Gran on Christmas morning. I like to believe that she was looking down on us all, in our individual homes, watching our children experience Christmas. I can imagine the big smile on her face and I can hear her sweet little laugh. I am trying not be make this a sad post but I miss her so much! In my 31 years on this earth, I have never spent a Christmas without her........and even with her gone , I feel like she was still with us this year! I miss her more than words can say but she is perfect and she is whole, and she is in the arms of God! I am comforted by the fact that I WILL see her again one day in Heaven! I hope she is the first one to greet me, I love you Gran-Gran! Thank you God for allowing us this comfort, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment